Friday, May 9, 2008

May 9, 2008 Playlist plus a Thank You

Dear Faithful Listeners,
I continue to be blown away by your enthusiasm for "The Lost And Found Oldies Show!"

I truly enjoy hearing your feedback either by Email or by phone. Like me, you have a passion for 60s-80s music but are tired of hearing the same 300 songs over again.

The fact that you tune in week after week makes whatever effort I put into this show all worthwhile. THANK YOU! lostoldies@yahoo.com

May 9, 1968

Early Morning Blues And Greens--The Monkees

Days Of Pearly Spencer--David McWilliams
Bold As Love--Jimi Hendrix
Yummy Yummy Yummy--Ohio Express
Finders Keepers--Salt Water Taffy

Every Man Oughta Have A Woman--William Bell
Love's Closin' In On Me--Tommy James & The Shondells
She's A Heartbreaker--Gene Pitney
Soul Train--Classics IV

Aint No Way--Aretha Franklin
Don't Make Promises--Gary Puckett & The Union Gap
The Unknown Soldier--The Doors
Sweet Inspiration--The Sweet Inspirations (original 45 rpm on Atlantic!)

Reach Out Of The Darkness--Friend & Lover
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight--Bob Dylan
Unconscious Power--Iron Butterfly
Cry Like A Baby--Box Tops

(You Keep Me) Hangin' On--Joe Simon
Slick--Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass

Days Of Future Passed--The Moody Blues (Entire CD played uninterrupted)

Lots of phone response to The Moody Blues CD! Never did that before. Many of you never heard the whole thing before, but an equal number of you had. All who called agreed it was a pheNOMenal album!

Other songs that provoked at least one phone call included The Ohio Express tune, William Bell, Gene Pitney, The Doors, Aretha, Friend & Lover, Dylan, Iron Butterfly & Joe Simon.

No one recalled ever hearing "The Days Of Pearly Spencer" before. Check it out on YouTube. Great tune!

What do YOU think?

Sammy

1 comment:

The Orphanage of Rock and Roll said...

Looks like a great show, sorry I missed it today. You know I always listen at work on Friday afternoons, but ironically today I was with a number of WVKR exec staff at my office and didn't hear anything after Hendrix. Thanks for blogging everyhting -- it's great to be able to check out what I missed when called out of my office.