Saturday, October 25, 2008

October 24 Playlist + WFMU Record Fair + Other WVKR DJs

http://wvkr.radioactivity.fm/playlist.html?djoid=1633&date=10-24-2008

Got an Email saying "Splendid from beginning to end". Wow thanks!

So I made it to the FMU Record Fair last night. Traffic was light, so was in the place before 8pm. Would 2 hours be enough time? The answer....NO WAY! Seemed like there were more dealers than ever before. Found my fave 45 sellers, ended up buying almost as many singles! By that time, it was 9:40, dealers were already packing up.

The good AND bad of the Fair was that there were SO MANY dealers! Things were SO cramped. Boxes were stuffed, hard to sort through. Some just stacked on top of others; virtually impossible to access. And the crowds...insane. I'm sure Sat and Sun will be worse. But if you have the time and the patience...go for it! Vinyl junkies, you'll LOVE it!

I absolutely love bantering with Primitive George! He brings out the ....freak in me. Anybody else wanna see us get a dual show?

Got word since Wednesday that Barrett was subbing for Doug Price Friday night. Then I found out it wasn't Barrett after all????? WHAT GIVES???

Jonny and Vince are hit and miss lately. So...

From now on, I aint promotin' nobody's show unless they call me and let me know they're doin' it. Too much misinfo and I don't wanna be the one spreadin' the lies.

Hope to see you next Friday after George's Halloween Spooktacular noon to 3.

Post a public comment or Email privately lostoldies@yahoo.com

Sammy

No comments: