Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17 Playlist + Subbing For Bachelor Pad

http://wvkr.radioactivity.fm/playlist.html?djoid=1633&date=04-17-2009

Let me explain the rationale behind today's "Lost And Found Seventies Show". I originally had a traditional show planned, a mixture of pop, rock, bubblegum, country and soul rarities spanning the decade. But something happened on my 45 minute midday commute home Thursday that had me chuckin' the playlist and starting over.

We finally got our Spring Break Thursday here in the Hudson Valley--temps in the 60s, sun shining and just wanted to rock and rhythm out with the windows rolled down 70s style. I starting flipping through the radio dial in an effort to find some consistent good ol rock n roll or R&B to follow me home but the scan just kept up its repetitive regret leaving me frustrated and angry.

CBS-FM, Q104.3, PDH, KISS FM would occasionally throw me a musical bone, but for the most part managed to disappoint big time. I never knew there was so much Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones on commercial radio! In less than an hour while surfing the dial, I heard records by each of these acts no less than two times on various stations in our area!

So today's show was pretty much the kind of music that reflected the type of sounds I'd like to hear blastin' through my speakers the way they did in various Aprils in the 70s. Heard from lots of great listeners, a lot tuning in from their cars as well as backyards, kitchen and of course, good ol' work. How'd it sound to YOU?

Next week it's a double dose of Sammy--3:00 has "Lost And Found Sixties" and then from 6 to 7 I'll fill in for Jonny in "The Bachelor Pad At Colony Three". Very Randy!

Looking forward to rockabilly band The Greyhounds Saturday April 18 at The Brass Rail in The Holiday Inn in Fishkill on Route 9 at 10pm. Hope to see you there! EMAIL: lostoldies@yahoo.com

Thanks for listening!
Sammy

No comments: